Monday, March 06, 2006

Explore without a right click!!

Looks like we are adapting the corporate culture these days, partying or something similar to that during week ends. The only difference between us and the actual corporate guys is that they come down to city to spend their weekends ,we go to corporate campuses (namely MS) to spend our weekends. Though we did not plan in advance, past two weekends happened to be spent at MS. This saturday was even worse, we spent the whole night exploring MS.

There are two big reasons for us to go for it. One, You dont have to worry about food and refreshments. Two, clean wide traffic-free roads all the way to MS, that offers us smooth drive throughout.

Kunal just goes mad on these roads and so does harsh, and today aint no differenet. They scared the hell out of shravan and maanas who were on passenger seats respectively. Reaching 100kmph aint no joke, but since there was no traffic at all, its ok. And me..even if I try as hard as I can, my bike doesnt cross 75kmph, but its a cool ride indeed. Kishen and pavan makes sure that I wont miss the route. Phani missed out all the fun, he says he had some work at home but Im sure he didnt come cos he is incapable of staying awake.

Kunal has already decided to go home the next morning. We started off playing pool as soon as we enter the campus. Pavan taught us how to play 3-player pool, that was real fun. We conquered TT tables, pool tables,foosball tables, especially that foosball thing is real fun.

My dad called me up to check where am I. I told him its not to safe that I come home in the middle of the night ,so I will be coming the next morning. Pretty easy to convince my father, but not my mother, and this time I was lucky enough.

Maanas didnt believe us when we said that we are gonna stay til tomorrow, until shravan called up his home to say that he is coming tomorrow in front of him.And guess what this time maanas has gone mad, he wanted to go home, but he dont want to miss out the fun here with us. He was stuck in the middle of both. He started throwing balls all over the pool table, he went running downstairs, did something down there and came back giving his million dollar smile a.k.a the world's widest smile. And it was already 12 o clock in the night.

We grabbed a cup of noodles. I went and had a cup of tea, and tea is my only hope to make myself awake all the night.

Maanas , sure he is the most confusing fella, just an hour ago he was reluctant to stay here, now he is ready to play cricket at 2 o clock in the morning. He went and brought the kit. So we made the rules, only fours either side , no runs behind the stumps, stuff like that. I was playing for both sides, harsh maanas and kunal vs kishen shravan and pavan. Soon we realized the ball aint going anywhere, the out field is so thick and wet, it sucks down the momentum of the ball. So what did we do, since we cant change the outfield, we changed the rules. This time, runs on half side, and singles are allowed. This time it was a bit of fun but it wasnt any longer. Two of the cricket balls disappeared in the bushes. So we stopped playing cos, its better to stop playing than to have a third ball in the bush.

I had a cup of noodles again and went back to play pool with kunal. Kunal is new to pool, and so am I. I played for first time last week, 25th february. Before we played cricket, kunal won 2-1 against me. I should have won but I pocketed the black ball before clearance once, and in the last match my cue ball committed a suicide after pocketing the final ball.

After a while, we went down to see maanas-kishen vs harsh-shravan playing pool against each other. Maanas style of playing pool is unique, he calculates something and hits the ball so hard ,the cue actually rests after about 2-3 minutes. But I believe someday ,those balls will kick maanas for hitting em so hard. Kishen uses Yahoo! pool techniques here and realizes that computer games sucks after he misses the shot. Everthing is fine with shravan's play, except that his cue ball goes after his black ball, and they both commit suicide together in the same pocket. Love birds indeed.

And thats the end of our 'One night at Microsoft'.And you ..phani, dont slam your head to keyboard, there is always a next time.

Who are we?

The ultimate Microsoft(tm) explorers

1 comment:

Phanindra K said...

Oy, there will be a next time alright, and we'll be flashing our IDs that time! :P