Thursday, May 11, 2006

Library cards

There is always something for me to think about. And the best time to think something is while riding from home to college or while coming back. It gives me a whole bunch of time to think about anything., say,from the latest demo I downloaded last night, to a reason to put a curb in front of college., from the latest shelby release, to the dirt on my speed-o-meter, there is always something..Today aint no different. Its just a perfect day and a perfect ride and I have got whole bunch of stuff spinning in my head to think about.. as it was technically the last ride to college. I think about my first day at college, first bike ride to college, the days where I used to stay back til 6-o-clock in the evening, I keep thinking until I find myself behind the exclusive bus, the same bus which I used to come by, which I always wanted to catch.
Sometimes I miss it by couple of yards. I used to take another bus behind it to catch it at the next stop, sometimes autos., dudes never used to return change to ten. It used to be full of people, infact it was so tough for me to get a seat though I board the bus near my home, but now look at this.. its just four-five guys, just makes me feel the fact that things arent always be the way you want 'em to be, irony. You might leave a strange expression if I had told you that I felt like boarding that bus one last time, infact I was. I dont remember where did I took over it, I head towards canteen.
One thing that strikes me when I look at canteen is the notice that I have put up when I lost my bag. Well.. what was in my bag? a cool file, a box and my apartments spare keys and nothing else., but I really wanted it back. The saddest thing about this story is, the bag was taken(or stolen) by somebody from the lab shelves, the place thats supposed to be safe.
It was already 10 and no one has arrived yet. I spent time at lab7 for a while, which is usually the first lab to be open. If my brains still working, Im pretty sure OOSD was the first lab work we have done here. Infact as soon as I started the system , I see norton internet security, which was installed by phani during headstart05,infact he was the poor guy who installed XP+SP2 in that lab., but what for?, I dont remember, but hey, my brains still working, just started feeling it. The cool thing about this lab is obviously the robot, he knows more than what the so called instructors know, unlike other labs. Few minutes later people joins me. And later after 11:30 , external examiner arrives and I get our project viva done by 12:30. So finally I am done with a course called BE, I think as I head towards library to give back a few books. I decided to surrender the library cards too. But, if I think about 'em, you know, those are the only things that have witnessed everything, every moment at college since first year, every book I read, they have seen 'em all. The same cards since first year. I dont even know, but they were with me all the time. Now they arent mine anymore. What am I into now? I keep losing things, wonder what I will be left with!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? You think too much. You'd better clean your bike properly if you dont want to think so much.
That reminds me, we have to go to college once or twice more, so dont pack your bike and send it off for archival yet.

Anonymous said...

Refreshing. brings back memories.But i dint know u liked ur library cards so much.

Anonymous said...

It happens dude....me too feeling the same but not abt the bike(coz i dont have it)...we dont know the value of things until we loose them.... it happens dude..

Anonymous said...

well vamshi all these college days memories will be with u always.u won't lose them.

Haritha said...

deja vu... but i had a similar experience in losing my bag... n surprisingly the notices i put up all over the canteen lasted for almost 2 months b4 someone ripped them off. i had my driving license (unfortunately the original- cost me a small bomb to have a duplicate done), and a precious coin frm my granny. lost it from in front of the library... another supposed to be safe place. im sure the watchman who watches over it... kanche cheynu mesthe. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»