Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Drenched

Electricity fluctuations resulted in uninterrupted power cuts today. And it strikes again in the middle of printing. The dude at DTP is good enough to pack my papers whatsoever is printed in a thick envelope and sealed 'em up with tape so that all the crap thats inside stays safe and waterproof. He is packing up his things now. Pulled off the pay phone which suffered excessive flirt content especially during the last call. The last call dude stands on my left side and I try hard not to think louder. He is probably waiting for the rain to slowdown, unlike me. I am not waiting, I want to walk in the rain. But I dont wanna risk being gawked, cos Im not gonna hurry like others, I wanna walk,real slow,I wanna drench. A dude with a leather handbag goes running ,crosses the road ,joins a bunch standing on the other side of the road. He would have carried the same amount of water in his pockets, even if he went there crawling on his belly. But guess what, if a person walks in the rain without hurrying, people gives a strange look that says ,"oh..look at this guy,he must be nuts to drench in rain..hehe". People have no brains. I moved a bit as the dude locks the door. Its raining even better now. I can see those bigger rain droplets everytime a vehicle passes by. I dont wanna take cover, and I dont wanna keep the packet of documents on my head and look like a clown to me all the way down to my apartment, though its waterproof. I am not looking at the bunch on the other side. I watch my shirt go black, its 11 and its dark ,still I can see the rain. I feel it. I feel the raindrops, awaiting the gravity's green signal before leaving my finger tips. I am drenched.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i finished reading this blog, i felt its gud among all the blogs u have posted till now.i don't know y.but when i think again while writing this comment,previous blogs r also equally gud

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»